This position is responsible for accurate and timely analysis and dispatch of raw, control and final lot samples under the supervision of the lab supervisor. The position requires extensive quality control and support of method development as supervised by lab management. The analyst will have interactions with other departments through the reporting of data and control of samples. Quality functions include the maintenance of SACHEM quality system through the control of analytical records and adherence to procedures. These responsibilities include weekend, off-hour or odd-hour coverage at the Cleburne site as needed.
- Analysis of commercial and research samples.
- Preparation and standardization of analytical reagents
- Calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment
- Support of analytical and quality method development through routine analysis and special studies.
- Statistical control charting of analytical and quality audits through recording of data.
- Possible development of technical information, e.g., physical property analysis
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- BS in Chemistry or related field
- Working knowledge of analytical, inorganic, or general aqueous chemistry.
- Understanding of statistics and errors in chemical measurement systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with internal customers, production staff, and other collaborators.
- ICP-MS skills a plus.
- LC and/or GC skills a plus