Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Limited manufactures CETYL TRIMETHYL AMMONIUM BROMIDE and the prices range from 100 INR/Kilogram to 1000 INR/Kilogram, depending upon the quality desired. We can undertake custom order too. The product details are given below:
The minimum order quantity is 100 kilograms and monthly supply ability is 1000 kilograms.
- Application: Industrial
- CAS No: 57-09-0
- HS Code: 2923 90 00
- Properties: Physical State: Crystalline powder Color: white Odor: weak odor pH: 5 – 7 (10 g/l water (20 C)) Vapor Pressure: Negligible Evaporation Rate: Negligible Molecular Formula: C19H42BrN
- Product Type: Laboratory chemicals
- Chemical Formula: C19H42BrN
- Molar Mass: 364.45 g/mol
- Appearance: white powder
- Melting point:: 240.0 degree centigrade
- Solubility:: Soluble in water, Acetone, Ether, Benzene
- Synonym Cetrimide, CTAB
- Delivery Time: 1 Week
Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide (CTMAB) also known as Cetrimonium bromide is a highly active quaternary ammonium surfactant that is commonly used as an antiseptic agent against bacteria and fungi. It physically appears as a white colored powder that shows high stability at room temperature but it is highly incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. It can also be used in various applications such as biological, medical, and many more.
Key Facts of Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Bromide:
- The other names by which this compound is known are CTAB, Cetyltrimethylammonium bromide and Hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide.
- Plant DNA can be isolated using this cationic surfactant for use in PCR analysis.
- Precipitation of nucleic acid has been achieved with it.
- It can be used to discover protein molecular weights in electrophoretic systems.
- Its other application lies in determining critical micelle concentration of detergents.